Before focusing on the flare of infographics, review the basics of what you are trying to convey
With the proliferation of infographics and data visualization tools, hundreds of different types of charts seem to have burst on the scene. But for most marketers who are wanting to track and explain data, three basic charts can serve as the foundation to explain everything from market share to business performance.
And the biggest surprise? These are charts you’re already familiar with: Line charts, bar charts and pie charts. So before using all your 3D features in Excel or PowerPoint, stop and reflect on the simple facts you want to convey. Continue reading this article
We know that during the holiday season it is important to enjoy spending time with friends and family, but we also want to pause and reflect on a few of the things a business-to-business marketer should be thankful for over the past year.
- Clients. Simply put, you wouldn’t exist without the loyalty of your clients. They’re the reason your business thrives. Before focusing on anything else—such as metrics or data—take time to express gratitude for the people who look to you for products and solutions.
Continue reading this article
During the Holiday Season, we spend time with family and friends, cherish these relationships and reflect on all for which we are thankful. In 2016, the men and women of BNP Media were privileged to be able to lend a hand to someone in need and give back to communities everywhere, whether it was a local food bank, making a wish come true for a child with a life-threatening illness, or ensuring that students have proper nutrition and access to a safe and positive learning environment.
Some of the charitable causes that BNP Media and its people embraced this year include:
- For a second year, BNP Media partnered with Make-A-Wish Michigan, donating $15,000 to help bring hope, strength and joy to Michigan children and their families at a time when they need it most. This year’s activities included a special party for a young girl to celebrate the granting of her wish of visiting Paris for a spa day.
- BNP Media contributed to this year’s Habitat for Humanity Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project in Memphis, Tennessee with a $10,000 Hammer-level sponsorship. The donation was made in support of Rick Damato, a longtime Habitat for Humanity volunteer who is editorial director of BNP Media’s Roofing Contractor Magazine.
- The innovative ACE Mentor Program of America supports and encourages high school students to pursue professional careers in architecture, construction and engineering. This year, BNP Media and its Engineering News-Record brand awarded $2,500 student scholarships in the name of each of six 2016 ENR-ACE Outstanding Mentors.
- At this year’s 18th Annual Food Safety Summit, BNP Media donated $5,500 to the Feeding America Coalition. This donation provided 64,000 meals as this organization works to feed America’s hungry, including children and seniors, through a nationwide network of food banks.
- Furthering the cause of ending hunger in America and globally, BNP Media people came together around Thanksgiving time to package 10,000 meals for the Stop Hunger Now program. This group distributes meals through partner organizations in developing countries that promote education, encourage children to attend school and improve students’ health and nutrition.
- Striving again to improve the lives of children, BNP Media donated $1,500 to KenyaRelief.org, which will help build a school cafeteria for students of the Kenya Relief Academy in the nation’s Migori community.
- BNP Media aided the Challenged Athletes Foundation, which helps people with physical disabilities pursue active lifestyles. BNP Media’s donation of $2,500 was made in conjunction with the 39th annual Empire State Building Run-Up—of all 86 flights, and 1,576 stairs. BNP Media Co-CEO Taggert Henderson was one of the participants. The Empire State Building is home to BNP Media’s Architectural Record and Engineering News-Record brands.
- In addition to the above, the people of BNP Media also participated in and contributed to the work of the Movember Foundation, the Gleaners Community Food Bank, Winning Futures, the Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program, Anyone Corporation, Oil Heat Cares, the MTI Educational Foundation, Mission 500 and National Women in Roofing.
“These activities support BNP Media’s pledge as a business to act as a force for good in our society, helping achieve a higher quality of life for individuals and families. We humbly thank the people of BNP Media for all their good work and charitable efforts this past year. We look forward in the coming year to once again proving how much we can accomplish when we work together for shared goals,” said BNP Media co-CEOs Harper, Mitchell and Taggart Henderson.
Music can help you pump up the power of your presentations and podcasts
Music can often improve the quality and impact of a marketing-oriented video, podcast or presentation. However, the laws and usage rights that cover how copyrighted music can be used—and how much you need to pay for permission to use it—can be a confusing. It can also be costly, especially if you’re caught not following a confusing set of rules.
How do you want to use the music?
For presentations and podcasts, you’re most likely going to use music that falls into three categories.
Continue reading this article
Infographics are a style of visual storytelling that seek to simplify complex ideas
The best infographics showcase vital, but perhaps dense and complicated information in a fun, interesting and visually arresting way. The least effective infographics list bullet points of familiar facts using clichéd clip art and outdated, dull fonts, turning viewers off from caring about the larger story. A better approach is to use graphics that explain, interpret, teach and provide customers with a deeper understanding of something important to them. But what’s the best way to synthesize and share that data? Continue reading this article